Accredited Breeders shall agree to:
1. Ensure that all breeding stock is only the Kennel Club of India registered.
2. Make sure that the puppies are transferred to the new owner only after 8
weeks duly vaccinated.
3. Hand over the dog’s registration and the vaccination certificate at time of
sale if available, or forward it to the new owner as soon as possible.
4. Follow the Kennel Club of India policy regarding minimum and maximum age of
breeding and number/frequency of litters.
5. Make sure that the kennels are properly constructed and hygienically
maintained and that the owner maintains proper and full records of dogs kept in
his kennel including history of ailments if any and allows his kennel to be
inspected periodically by KCI officials or their authorised representatives.
Permanently identify breeding stock by DNA profile, microchip, or tattoo. After
the first year of Scheme’s operation, all breeding stock will be required to be
7. Make use of health screening schemes, relevant to their breed, on all
breeding stock. These schemes include DNA testing, hip dysplasia, elbow
dysplasia and inherited eye conditions.